White Miso, Watercress & Avocado Soup with Sanbaizu Pickled Eggs
Recipe by Susie @Gourmetglow : Find her on social – Instagram
How to make this gorgeous White Miso, Watercress & Avocado Soup with Sanbaizu Pickled Eggs:
4 Duck Eggs
8 tbsp Sanbaizu Vinegar
For the soup:
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp White Soy Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
350g Avocado, cut into chunks (about 2 Avocados)
1 Bunch Watercress
800ml Vegetable/ Chicken Stock
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Toasted sesame seeds to serve
- For the eggs, bring a pan of water to the boil, add the eggs and boil for 7-8 minutes for a soft boil. Peel and while still warm, place in a small container with the vinegar. Cover and leave for at least 4 hours in the fridge, turning once.
- For the soup, heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and white soy and sweat for 10-15 minutes until soft and sweet but not coloured. Add a splash of water if they look like they are sticking.
- Once cooked, add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Allow to cool and add to a blender with the rest of the soup ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and either heat up or chill in the fridge.
- When ready serve sprinkled with toasted sesame, the pickled eggs and some fresh watercress.