The process of creating matcha tea is a fine art that includes shading the tea in the weeks before harvest to ensure the right balance of tannins and caffeine. Stems and veins are removed from each leaf after harvest, milling is undertaken with great patience using stone mills for finely grounded powder that retains maximum flavour.
This Japanese made matcha tea set will allow you to honour that process, by preparing the tea using the traditional and optimal method.
The set includes:
- Superior grade matcha tea, 40g
- Bamboo whisk, or Chasen, with 80 strands for mixing and frothing your tea
- Chashaku, a fine, long handled bamboo ladle
- Ceramic whisk holder
- Chawan, ceramic bowl for whisking and serving your matcha tea
- (Bamboo whisk & ladle are not recommended for dishwasher cleaning)
- Add to 2-4 spatulas (equal to 2-4g) to the bowl
- Pour 70-100ml pure water heated to 70-80ºC
- Whisk the tea until it thickens and a creamy foam appears