Indulge yourself and serve up this sweet canapé to wow your household.
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 25mins
200g Unsalted Butter
200g Golden Caster Sugar, plus extra (or, for a really rich treat use Okinawan sugar)
200g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
6 tbsp Yuzucello
3 tbsp Yuzu Juice
For the icing:
150g Unsalted Butter
400g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Yuzucello
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Grease a deep, square or rectangle baking dish.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fully combined. Add one egg at a time, mixing in between to incorporate each. Add the flour, baking powder, 2tbsp yuzucello and 2tbsp yuzu juice. Pour the batter into the dish and bake for around 25mins, until a knife comes out clean.
- For the drizzle, combine 2tbsp of sugar with the rest of the yuzucello and yuzu juice.
- Once slightly cooled, poke holes across the surface of the cake with a skewer or similar, and pour the drizzle mixture over.
- For the icing, mix the butter and sugar together until soft. Add the yuzucello and mix again. Spread a generous layer over the whole cake.
- Cut into squares before serving.