Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins
1 Block Firm Tofu
3 Tortilla Wraps (or use store-bought taco shells)
½ Cucumber, skin removed
1 Small Wasabi Rhizome
- If making your own tacos: pre-heat the oven to 180°. Using a 10cm cookie cutter, cut as many circles as you can from each wrap – it should yield 4. Turn a muffin tray upside down and place one tortilla circle between each ridge and bake for 5 minutes – allow to cool on the muffin tray. Do this in batches if necessary.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes and toss in 1tbsp togarashi shichimi mix to coat.
- Add a little sesame oil to a pan, and fry the tofu on all sides until golden.
- Meanwhile, using a mandolin or vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber and carrot into ribbons.
- Assemble your tacos with some Yuzu Mayonnaise in the bottom of the taco, then the carrot and cucumber ribbons before topping with some of the tofu cubes.
- Just before serving, grate some wasabi on a wasabi grater and add a small amount to each taco. Serve immediately.